Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Whether you're a staunch vegetarian, a health-food enthusiast or even a carnivore who has tucked into one steak too many, this cosy corner restaurant in Leblon is just the ticket. Healthfood and... Read More
Whether you're a staunch vegetarian, a health-food enthusiast or even a carnivore who has tucked into one steak too many, this cosy corner restaurant in Leblon is just the ticket. Healthfood and organic eating is a growing sector of Rio's dining scene, but this Leblon favorite was one of the first to open, and is still unarguably one of the best. At lunch, diners can load their plates high at a wholefood buffet including soups, salads, beans, rice, soya dishes and a range of healthy pies and pastries for a set price, while a-la-carte options are available in the evening. The vegan version of 'feijaoda', the usually-meaty national dish, made here with smoked tofu, is legendary.
Rua Conde da Bernadote 26
Rio de Janeiro,
- Lunch, Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Vegetarian, Best Value, Buffet, Group Friendly, Leblon's Best Restaurants, Homestyle: "Fancy a drink that doesn't come loaded with too many toxins? At Vegetariano Social Clube you can choose from a range of organic wines, or enjoy a caipirinha made with organic cachaca."
- Best for Lunch Because: Veggies and carnivores alike flock to this relaxed spot at the heart of Leblon.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: This little Leblon hangout offers vegan, organic food in a fun, unpretentious setting. Bonus points for the organic caiprinhas.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: This Leblon institution is the place to come for a relaxed vegan dinner and drinks.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Top quality ingredients and fair pricing make this spot an enduring favorite.
- Best for Buffet Because: The delicious, organic, meat-free fare here is a refreshing change from steak.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Delicious stone-baked pizzas can be enjoyed al-fresco at this pleasant Santa Teresa restaurant
- Best for Leblon's Best Restaurants Because: This casual organic eatery has been attracting vegetarians and vegans for decades, and even carnivores tend to be pleasantly surprised.
- Best for Homestyle Because: This laidback spot offers vegetarian home cooking that will tempt even the most dedicated of carnivores.