Explore Napa Valley
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Dana Rebmann
All aboard for a unique tour of wine country on the Napa Valley Wine Train. A majority of the trains are restored Pullman rail cars built in 1915. Advanced for their day, the cars served as first... Read More
All aboard for a unique tour of wine country on the Napa Valley Wine Train. A majority of the trains are restored Pullman rail cars built in 1915. Advanced for their day, the cars served as first class coaches for the Northern Pacific Railway and included modern amenities like electric lights, steam heat, and arched windows. Today, they offer the one and only view of Napa Valley from the rails, paired with a gourmet meal. The rail line was built in 1864 to carry visitors to the resort town of Calistoga. Today the train's route covers 36 miles from downtown Napa to St. Helena and back and lasts about three hours.
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Call for Details
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Dinner and lunch trains, both have their perks, but if you're riding the rails to see Napa Valley's scenery, lunch time is your best bet."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Don't spend the entire ride at a table. Wandering around is the best way to see the train and the always changing Napa Valley view."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Wine Train offers a unique way to see a scenic stretch of Napa Valley.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: An antique train, gourmet meals, and scenic wine country stretches make the Napa Valley Wine Train a great way to spend an afternoon or evening.