Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
At KITCHEN 1540, an award-winning restaurant located in the L'Auberge Del Mar, a comfortable and simple atmosphere complements the coastal harvest cuisine menu by Chef Nathan Lingle. Romantic diners... Read More
At KITCHEN 1540, an award-winning restaurant located in the L'Auberge Del Mar, a comfortable and simple atmosphere complements the coastal harvest cuisine menu by Chef Nathan Lingle. Romantic diners should book a cozy cabana on the outdoor patio for a somewhat private dining experience where they can enjoy the ocean breezes, a gurgling waterfall and hanging lanterns to set just the right mood. The restaurant features an open presentation kitchen, tasting table, a private dining room wrapped in wine-encased walls, and a cozy wine bar with 24 wines on tap. Current menu stand-outs include the craft beer beignets and Wagyu short ribs.
- Romantic Dining: "This restaurant becomes extra romantic with dinner in a cabana on the outdoor patio."
- Del Mar's Best Restaurants: "The bread pudding is to die for."
- Outdoor Dining: "The outdoor lounge area has cabanas for private dining. You can definitely enjoy ocean breezes here and dine at one of San Diego's most popular restaurants."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: It's casual dining (including a great gluten-free menu) with breathtaking bay views in either side of the combined lounge and restaurant.
- Best for Del Mar's Best Restaurants Because: There just isn't another place in Del Mar, let alone San Diego, that's like it. Go for upscale Southern comfort food.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Drinks and dinner on the outdoor patio amid ocean breezes (no view, but that's OK) is hard to beat.