Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey of TLC's Mega Bites and Bravo's Top Chef, opened Searsucker in the heart of San Diego's trendy Gaslamp Quarter. His New American cuisine puts new twists on classic... Read More
Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey of TLC's Mega Bites and Bravo's Top Chef, opened Searsucker in the heart of San Diego's trendy Gaslamp Quarter. His New American cuisine puts new twists on classic favorites. Specialties include buttermilk fried chicken, bone-in tomahawk ribeye, and locally sourced seafood specialties like Maine scallops. The menu changes daily to keep offerings fresh and fun. Guests pair these unpretentious dishes with local craft beer, handcrafted cocktails and a selection of one-of-a-kind wines from all over the world. If the food isn't enough to send your senses into overdrive, the decor just might. Searsucker has a mix of distressed furniture, big comfy sofas, and modern pieces.
- Gaslamp Quarter's Best Restaurants: "Champagne Sunday brunch is an excellent time to try Searsucker. The Peter Rabbit cocktail with Pimm's just might right the ship."
- Brunch: "The Dr. Seuss-inspired Green Eggs and Ham is a must-order along with the Bacon and Egg Bloody Mary. It is actually possible to eat a healthy brunch here too without feeling too deprived, though you may gaze longingly at your neighboring table's order."
- Group Friendly: "They can create a special cocktail for your group. The Del Mar location also has private dining."
- Best for Gaslamp Quarter's Best Restaurants Because: It's a local favorite with unbeatable festive ambiance and awesome, hearty food.
- Best for Brunch Because: Popular with locals with an upscale-casual vibe this celebrity chef eatery delivers hearty or healthy brunch on weekends.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: The upstairs dining room can accommodate 32 people with tasting menus, unique cocktail pairings, lunches, small plates & more.