Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Along the bluffs overlooking the sea there are eight miles of trails through this state park that are perfect for a romantic hike (note that no food or drinks are allowed). Due to conservation efforts... Read More
Along the bluffs overlooking the sea there are eight miles of trails through this state park that are perfect for a romantic hike (note that no food or drinks are allowed). Due to conservation efforts it is one of the wildest, most undeveloped spots in the state. The twisted Torrey pine tree is found in only two places on earth: in this park and on an island almost 200 miles to the north. The park is day use only and open daily from 7:15am until roughly sunset. Three hundred feet below, at the base of the bluffs, is a family-friendly sandy beach. The northern portion is popular for families, with lifeguards and bathrooms.
- Visitor Center: Daily 9am-5pm
- Park: Daily 8am-Sunset
Parking $5 - $10
- Romantic Things to Do: "The nation's rarest pine calls this state park home. The view is spectacular. Dolphins and whales can often be seen while hiking."
- Free Things to Do: "Keep an eye out for street parking to avoid paying for the lot."
- Beaches: "Due to state budget cuts, the beach has suffered removal of some conveniences (like trash cans) BUT it's still one of San Diego's finest and worth a visit."
- Sightseeing: "The park and beach are great for families. To visit the park, you just need to buy a parking pass otherwise admission is free."
- Outdoor Activities: "A morning walk or jog through Torrey Pines State Reserve is a great way to start the day."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Hike peacefully through the beautiful park, hand-in-hand amid ocean breezes.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The nation's rarest pine calls this state park home. The view is spectacular--dolphins and whales can often be seen while hiking.
- Best for Beaches Because: Pair a hike through Torrey Pines State Park with a dip in the ocean next door. Life doesn't get much better than that!
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The park is like an oasis in the city with spectacular views and a chance to see the flora and fauna of coastal San Diego.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: It's easy to explore the park and then hit the beach afterward. Views are stunning.