Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Dramatically situated on Prospect Street in La Jolla overlooking the blue Pacific, George's at the Cove combines exceptional California cuisine and service with spectacular views from every level of... Read More
Dramatically situated on Prospect Street in La Jolla overlooking the blue Pacific, George's at the Cove combines exceptional California cuisine and service with spectacular views from every level of the multi-tiered restaurant. Dine in the contemporary restaurant and bar indoors, dubbed California Modern; choose the Ocean Terrace, a great rooftop dining spot; or settle in at George's Bar, a casual dining destination. The menu, which specializes in seafood, reflects the use of fresh local ingredients and unique combinations of flavors to create a memorable dining experience. The restaurant also offers a creative, delectable dessert menu. Foodies with deep pockets can book the exclusive TBL3, where Executive Chef Trey Foshee serves a special 12-14 course menu.
1250 Prospect St
La Jolla, CA 92037
- La Jolla's Best Restaurants, Lunch, Group Friendly: "Don't forget to order the famous black bean soup which happens to pair well with an order of fish tacos."
- Outdoor Dining: "Popular orders include fish tacos and black bean soup. Wikki Stix are handed out to kids and they will customize a dish for them, like plain pasta, if there's nothing on the regular menu to please them."
- Waterfront Dining: "San Diego is known for its fish tacos, but if you are a lover of this California staple, you must try the ones at George's. Recently lauded by a Food Network star as "The Best Thing I Ever Ate," George's non-traditional fish tacos feature fresh tuna, battered and fried avocado, and a list of other ingredients."
- Best Restaurants: "San Diego is known for its fish tacos, but if you are a lover of this California staple, you must try the ones at George's."
- Best for La Jolla's Best Restaurants Because: This is where locals take out-of-town guests for dining with an ocean view. You can't go wrong.
- Best for Lunch Because: The panoramic ocean view, food and upscale-casual ambiance is one-of-a-kind here. It's a quintessential San Diego experience.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: George's Ocean Terrace is by far one of the most spectacular places to watch the sunset in San Diego. Plus, the California cuisine is excellent.
- Best for Waterfront Dining, Best Restaurants Because: Ask a local where they take visitors and this is likely to be the most popular answer for view, ambiance, great service and menu.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Multiple rooms and venues in the three-level restaurant can suit private parties of any size with customized menus and ocean views. Fantastic.