Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Perhaps best known for its setting right on the beach, so close to the water that waves crash on the windows at high tide, The Marine Room serves fine, globally-influenced seasonal cuisine. The... Read More
Perhaps best known for its setting right on the beach, so close to the water that waves crash on the windows at high tide, The Marine Room serves fine, globally-influenced seasonal cuisine. The signature lobster bisque is always a great order. Main course highlights change regularly but Ume Plum Wine Braised Kurobuta Pork Cheek and Chimichurri Rubbed Mary's Farm Chicken. Impeccable service, attention to detail, and an award-winning wine list round out the experience. Check the special event calendar for high tide breakfasts and dinners as well as other not-to-be-missed experiences. Jackets and ties are not required (though perfectly acceptable) as the attire here is now business casual.
2000 Spindrift Dr
La Jolla, CA 92037
- La Jolla's Best Restaurants: "The Marine Room holds special events such as high tide dinners, a summer music series, and Monday night lobster."
- Romantic Dining, Waterfront Dining, Group Friendly: "The Marine Room holds special events such as high tide dinners, a summer music series, and Monday night lobster. A great opportunity to watch the sunset and sample dishes is at Sunday-Friday happy hour."
- Beach Restaurants: "Check their event calendar as high tide dinner, grunion run happy hours and more could be happening during your visit."
- Best Restaurants: "Check the calendar for special events like high tide brunches or cooking classes."
- Best for La Jolla's Best Restaurants, Romantic Dining, Waterfront Dining Because: The restaurant offers elegant dining literally on the sand of gorgeous La Jolla Shores Beach.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: It's literally on the sand. Waves crash against the windows during high tides!
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This fine dining restaurant is literally in the sand on La Jolla Shores beach. Waves crash on the window during high tide.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Bring your group to a restaurant literally on the sand with intimate private dining space for up to 50.