Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Though casual in nature, you may be faced with a wait on the weekends if you don't plan accordingly. World Famous is popular with locals for good reason. Patio seating is adjacent to the beach... Read More
Though casual in nature, you may be faced with a wait on the weekends if you don't plan accordingly. World Famous is popular with locals for good reason. Patio seating is adjacent to the beach boardwalk where not only are the ocean views relaxing, the people-watching is entertaining. All-day dining is on offer with the kitchen closing at 11:00pm. There's a light bar menu and the restaurant menu both featuring California cuisine such as a variety of salads and seafood entrees. Happy hour runs Monday - Thursday with the special varying by the day. Tuesdays are the most popular for $1.25 fish tacos that are some of the best in town. As beach parking can be tough, World Famous offers valet on the weekends.
711 Pacific Beach Drive
San Diego, CA 92109
- Beach Restaurants, Lunch: "The fish taco is the way to go. It's beer-battered but totally worth the calories. Pair it with a Bloody Mary."
- Waterfront Dining: "Breakfast here is particularly good. Pair a lobster Benedict with a Bloody Mary and you won't be sorry. If dining late in the day, the fish taco is the way to go. It's beer-battered but totally worth the calories."
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: Located right on the Pacific Beach boardwalk, World Famous offers casual all-day dining with excellent people watching.
- Best for Lunch Because: The beachfront location makes for excellent people-watching on their patio and for taking advantage of sunshine, taco in hand.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Casual dining in Pacific Beach located on the boardwalk with awesome food at prices that won't break the bank makes this a solid choice.