Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of nguy1
Mission Dolores Park is the heart of the Mission district and offers wonderful views of downtown. This is a true city park: often crowded, usually loud, and a great spot for people-watching. Street... Read More
Mission Dolores Park is the heart of the Mission district and offers wonderful views of downtown. This is a true city park: often crowded, usually loud, and a great spot for people-watching. Street performers and food trucks often visit the park for a real "local" feel. Over 14 acres in size, it's second to only Golden Gate Park in terms of space and activities. With a brand new playground, it's now a fantastic option for families, as well, with the always popular Bi-Rite Market just around the corner for those necessary summer ice-cream cones. And since this area is often protected by hills from the chilly summer fog, you can actually enjoy that summer cone.
534 18th Street, San Francisco CA
San Francisco, CA 94107
- Free Things to Do: "Mission Dolores has finished a recent renovation."
- Attractions near The Cow Palace: "Mission Dolores just underwent a massive remodel."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Mission Dolores just finished a remodel and is open to the public."
- Parks: "Mission Dolores has been recently remodeled."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Mission Dolores Park offers some of the best "people-watching" opportunities in the city.
- Best for Attractions near The Cow Palace Because: Mission Dolores is one of the best "people-watching" spots of the trendy, eclectic Mission neighborhood.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Mission Dolores is the favorite spot for locals with kids.
- Best for Parks Because: Now that the playground area has been added, Mission Dolores is a great option for those traveling with kids.