Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
With a recently completed renovation, the inside of this landmark Nob Hill hotel has been restored to the grandeur intended by San Simeon architect Julia Morgan. Boasting large rooms that are unknown... Read More
With a recently completed renovation, the inside of this landmark Nob Hill hotel has been restored to the grandeur intended by San Simeon architect Julia Morgan. Boasting large rooms that are unknown in newer hotels, this ultra-deluxe palace offers extra long mattresses, plush terry robes and baths that match the room-size. The Venetian Room, made famous by Tony Bennett, has also had a face-lift but still occupies the heart of many locals and visitors. Despite the historical grandeur and beauty, what really makes this a grand hotel is the unobtrusive efficiency and friendliness of the staff. Where you might expect stuffiness, the staff meets you with patience and a great knowledge of the city.
950 Mason Street Atop Nob Hill
San Francisco, CA 94108
- Best for Romantic Hotels Because: The history of the Fairmont offers a great atmosphere for a grand night of romance.
- Best for Family-Friendly Hotels Because: Even if you and your family don't stay at the Fairmont, it's worth a visit to see their legendary gingerbread house at Christmas.
- Recommended as Best Hotels Because: Staying at the Fairmont is not only a guaranteed treat in luxury but a step back into time to visit "old" San Francisco.
- Best for Hotels near AT&T Park Because: The long tradition of quality and service of the Fairmont makes it a fine choice for any San Francisco visitor.
- Best for Luxury Hotels Because: The Fairmont does an amazing job of offering both traditional comforts and modern conveniences.