Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
For those who like their museum visits sprinkled with Disney magic, be sure to check out the Walt Disney Family Museum. Offering a comprehensive history of this American legend within the beautiful... Read More
For those who like their museum visits sprinkled with Disney magic, be sure to check out the Walt Disney Family Museum. Offering a comprehensive history of this American legend within the beautiful confines of the Presidio, the museum tracks this multibillion dollar corporation's rise from Mickey Mouse to Snow White, Mary Poppins and Disneyland. The Walt Disney Family Museum brings his legacy to life and Lots of interactive exhibits for kids (of all ages!) that invites viewers to find their own creative inspiration in Walt Disney's story. And the location of the Presidio is hard to beat, with wonderful hiking trails that start through eucalyptus forests and end up down by San Francisco Bay.
- Museums: "Start off your tour with "Beginnings," which highlights Walt Disney's formative early years."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "The museum is in the Presidio, which offers beautiful views of both the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge."
- Things to Do with Kids: "While you're in the Presidio, take the kids to Crissy Fields, too."
- Best for Museums Because: Hard to find a bigger hit with families than the Walt Disney Family Museum.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: If Walt Disney can't come up with a museum that won't bore your kids, no one can.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: We all just live in the world of Disney, don't we?