Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of brewbooks
Of course you have always wanted to visit a dreamy garden designed by a less-than-great Polish opera singer, right? Lotusland is the result of decades of effort and attention at the hands of the... Read More
Of course you have always wanted to visit a dreamy garden designed by a less-than-great Polish opera singer, right? Lotusland is the result of decades of effort and attention at the hands of the eccentric Ganna Walska. Fantastical vignettes feature a wealth of unusual plants, including cycads, which were present in the era of the dinosaur. Other gardens are devoted to lotuses, ferns, succulents, bromeliads, aloes and topiaries. There are also orchards, water gardens and a garden populated exclusively by plants that are blue! Regular group tours are suitable for children ages 9 and up; family tours are available for younger children. Gifts and exclusive souvenirs can be purchased in Lotusland's Garden Shop. Advance reservations are required - call or email as soon as possible to schedule your visit to this one-of-a-kind garden.
- Mid-Feb-Mid-Nov Wed-Sat 10am, 1:30 pm (Persons 9 yrs +): Reservations Required
- Reservations Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; Sat 9am-1pm
- Adult (19+) $35; Child (5-18) $10; Child (0-5) Free
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Ganna Walska's gardens are legendary, due to both their natural beauty and her unusual gardening style. Reservations required.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: So you want to visit a unique, beautiful and bizarre botanical garden cultivated by an opera-singing heiress? You've come to the right place!