Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
Unbeatable harbor views issue a siren's call to patrons at one of Santa Barbara's most popular restaurants. Of course, their menu full of delicious seafood doesn't hurt business either. Bustling and... Read More
Unbeatable harbor views issue a siren's call to patrons at one of Santa Barbara's most popular restaurants. Of course, their menu full of delicious seafood doesn't hurt business either. Bustling and busy, Brophy Bros. serves up some of the city's most coveted clam chowder, along with awesome garlic baked clams and hefty portions of cioppino. Fresh, grilled fish is also a fine choice, along with a host of other fresh-from-the-sea options. Grab a table on the patio overlooking the water for the most romantic experience. These are the best seats, even on wet, gloomy days when they pull down transparent siding to protect you from the elements. Arrive early because weekend waits can be over an hour.
- Beachfront Dining: "Like clams? Get the garlic baked clams. Cooked with mustard and topped with bacon, there's nothing else like them in town."
- Seafood, Waterfront Dining: "Although the upstairs restaurant usually has a long wait, you can visit the ground level bar for drinks and appetizers without checking in with the hostess."
- Best Restaurants: "The upstairs restaurant usually has a long wait, but you can visit the ground level bar for drinks and appetizers without checking in with the hostess."
- Outdoor Dining: "Go during unusual hours to avoid a long wait. Or go when you're not hungry; you're certain to be famished by the time you're seated."
- Best for Beachfront Dining Because: Brophy Bros. serves fresh seafood with an unparalleled view of the harbor. They have the best bloody mary in town, too.
- Best for Seafood Because: Brophy's is the quintessential Santa Barbara seafood restaurant, with great views of the harbor.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: If you go to only one restaurant in Santa Barbara, go to this one for a true local experience. Hope you like seafood!
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Stop by Brophy's for Santa Barbara's best seafood with a view of the boats.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Brophy's has the best view in town - you sit on the second story balcony and look out over the boats in the harbor.