Explore Santa Barbara
Also Featured In
"Laissez les bons temps rouler," is the motto at The Palace Grill, a phrase that translates to: let the good times roll! A night at The Palace isn't complete without a sing-a-long and rousing group... Read More
"Laissez les bons temps rouler," is the motto at The Palace Grill, a phrase that translates to: let the good times roll! A night at The Palace isn't complete without a sing-a-long and rousing group toast. With a menu that reads like a roster of Southern and Creole favorites, you're guaranteed to leave with a full belly. Start with their hearty gumbo, then dig into a batch of crawfish etouffee before concluding your meal with their famous bread pudding with whiskey cream sauce. Reservations are accepted at 5:30 or not at all, so come early or be prepared to wait in line. But don't worry, even their line is fun, with musicians on many nights and passed appetizers to whet your appetite.
8 E Cota St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Sun-Thu: 11:30am-3pm,; 5:30pm-10pm
- Fri-Sat: 11:30am-3pm,; 5:30pm-11pm
- Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants: "Ask your server if they have blackened redfish available. It's a New Orleans specialty that they have flown in fresh, but it sells out quickly!"
- Group Friendly, Best Restaurants, Homestyle: "On Fridays and Saturdays there's a crowd, but there's also live entertainment - including a live band and superb magician."
- Family Friendly: "Their legendary souffles take some time to make. If you want one (you do!), put your order in at the beginning of your meal."
- Best for Downtown Santa Barbara's Best Restaurants Because: Good food, strong drinks, great service and a fun atmosphere make this the place to take a group for a celebration or special event.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: This festive restaurant is perfect for celebrations. There's room to accommodate large tables and even private parties.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Head to the Palace Grill to enjoy Cajun classics in a lively setting filled with music, spices and fun. New Orleans in Santa Barbara!
- Best for Family Friendly Because: This Cajun restaurant often has a live band or a magician at dinner. And the whole place joins in song at least once a night.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Homestyle... on the bayou! This Cajun restaurant is big on flavor, friendliness and portion size.