Also Featured In
The Montreal Planetarium brings astronomy to Montrealers and visitors alike who appreciate the clear, light-pollution-free skies and the chance to handle samples of meteorites. The regular show is... Read More
The Montreal Planetarium brings astronomy to Montrealers and visitors alike who appreciate the clear, light-pollution-free skies and the chance to handle samples of meteorites. The regular show is comprised of three events: the main exhibition, The Sky This Month and the feature show. The exhibit focuses on new events and discoveries from the past 40 years, especially in Quebec skies. The Sky this Month is a 15 minute presentation where an astronomer points out all the major visible constellations. Highlights include the "Extinctions" show that focuses on how astronomical phenomena may be responsible for the disappearance of some species, raising pertinent questions such as: Could we disappear? Will life continue to survive on Earth? Multimedia shows, "Our Galaxy: The Milky Way" and "The Quest for Galactium" explore the Milky Way as an adventurous mission and allows participants to explore the sun, planets, star clusters, star nurseries and gas clouds.
1000, rue Saint-Jacques ouest
Montréal, QC H3C 1G7
- Hours vary by season and day.
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Adult (18-64) CAD8; Senior (65+) CAD6; Student CAD6; Child (5-17) CAD4; Child (4 and under) Free
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The state of the art facilities offer a glimpse into space.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The main show takes visitors on a 30 - minute spaceship journey through the solar system, a meteorite shower and multiple galaxies.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The state of the art multimedia show will keep kids enthralled.
- Best for Museums Because: New, state of the art multimedia sky shows are always on view here.