Also Featured In
Housed in the cultural complex, Montreal's Place des Arts on Sainte-Catherine St West downtown, the museum is home to both permanent and traveling contemporary art exhibitions, with a strong focus on... Read More
Housed in the cultural complex, Montreal's Place des Arts on Sainte-Catherine St West downtown, the museum is home to both permanent and traveling contemporary art exhibitions, with a strong focus on Quebec art post 1940's. The permanent collection contains more than 7,000 pieces, including the largest collection of art by Quebec artist, Paul-Emile Borduas. Holiday programming:La Biennale de Montréal The museum seeks to connect visitors to Quebec, Canadian and international contemporary art by showcasing performance art, new dance, experimental theatre, contemporary music, video and film along with painting and sculpture and an extensive contemporary art library. The Montreal Museums card is accepted here and the chic cafe is well worth a visit too.
- Tue: 11am-6pm
- Wed-Fri: 11am-9pm
- Sat-Sun: 10am-6pm Event; Dates; and; Times; Vary Hours; May; Vary; Seasonally
- Adult CAD15; Senior (60+) CAD12; Student (18+) CAD10; Child (12 and under) Free; Child (13-17) CAD5; Family CAD30
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Outside the Museum at the Quartier des Spectacles, check out the free, annual multimedia holiday show, Luminothérapie featuring sound and video projections.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: It's Canada's most important contemporary art museum attracting over 1.6 visitors annually.
- Best for Museums Because: It is one of the top contemporary art museums in Canada.