Also Featured In
Come with your family to Family Sundays, which happen most Sundays from 1-4pm. From collaborative painting workshops to bilingual French/English weekends, it is a great way to help your kids to... Read More
Come with your family to Family Sundays, which happen most Sundays from 1-4pm. From collaborative painting workshops to bilingual French/English weekends, it is a great way to help your kids to develop an artistic side. Tweens and teens will love the "Free after Three" program, which is as it sounds with weekly workshops from breakdancing to Aerosol Art (if you want to actively encourage graffiti).The Art Gallery of Ontario, with its high ceilings, light spaces and spiral staircases would be enough art even without the paintings on the walls. However, the art is indeed amazing, from the exhibitions to the galleries. The Group of Seven are a must see. The gallery also impresses with its wide range of programming, from free tango lessons to weekly art classes of all styles.
- Tue,: Thu; 10:30am-5pm
- Wed,: Fri; 10:30am-9pm
- Sat-Sun: 10:30am-5:30pm
- Adult CAD19.50; Senior (65+) CAD16; Student CAD11; Child (6-17) CAD11; Child (5 and under) Free; Family CAD49
- Family-Friendly Museums: "If you are a Toronto resident, pick up the Sun Life Museum + Arts pass using your library card at your local library. Check the library website for availability but scoring one could let 2 adults and 5 children in for free."
- Free Things to Do: "The Art Gallery offers free admission to its galleries on Wednesdays from 6 to 8:30pm. If you want to go on another day, borrow a family pass from any of the Toronto Public Library's 99 branches."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "You can get lost in the beauty of the Art Gallery of Ontario's expansive collection. However, when you find yourself in the need of a break, you are right in the heart of Chinatown. Go refuel with amazing dim sum."
- Sightseeing: "The Art Gallery offers free admission to its galleries on Wednesdays from 6 to 8:30pm. If you are with the family, Family Sundays happen between 1-4pm."
- Museums: "There are free-with-admission tours that are worth building your visit around. 60-minute tours explore the art and architecture of the new AGO and run at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 3pm and Wednesday evenings at 7pm."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The ongoing Kids' Gallery opened in December 2013 and wholeheartedly encourages exploration, imagination and creation.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: This world-class art gallery has beautiful architecture on the outside and beautiful art on the inside. And you can see it all for free.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities, Museums Because: This world-class art gallery has beautiful architecture on the outside and beautiful art on the inside. Be prepared to be dazzled.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: A world class art gallery that would be impossible to properly see in one day. See Michelangelo, Pollock and van gogh under one stunning roof.