Also Featured In
Whether you are a former Toronto Maple Leaf or more like Bambi on the ice, it is always a romantic choice to hold hands and attempt to stay upright on skates. Nathan Phillips Square is the perfect... Read More
Whether you are a former Toronto Maple Leaf or more like Bambi on the ice, it is always a romantic choice to hold hands and attempt to stay upright on skates. Nathan Phillips Square is the perfect place to wile away a romantic hour or two. Located right in front of City Hall and around the corner from the Eaton's Centre and popular restaurants, it is a great activity to sandwich between other downtown pursuits. Bring your own skates for free exercise or rent skates for $10 or less (they even sharpen skates!). During the holidays, the rink sparkles with lights and displays a large holiday tree for Toronto's version of the Rockefeller Centre.
- Romantic Things to Do: "The rink is open 24/7, so if you can do a really late night (or early morning) date, you will have the rink to yourselves (skate rentals are only open until 10pm, however). This is ideal if at least one of you has no idea what you are doing on skates."
- Holiday Attractions: "For those not celebrating Christmas (or needing a break from their family), Nathan Phillip's Square rink is open on December 25."
- Free Things to Do: "Buy your own skates at a second hand shop and you can enjoy a winter filled with free exercise. Perhaps you will be left with a brand new skill. Or perhaps not."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: A quintessential Toronto landmark becomes a romantic destination when you add ice and a pair of skates.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: A large holiday tree, sparkling lights and you falling on your behind. How festive can you get?
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Even if triple axels are out of your reach, there is serious charm to a skating rink in the centre of the city.