Also Featured In
Montreal's smoked meat fits in well in Toronto with this popular deli on College Street. Hand-smoked and hand-cut, the attention to detail results in a sandwich that is on every meat-lover's "must... Read More
Montreal's smoked meat fits in well in Toronto with this popular deli on College Street. Hand-smoked and hand-cut, the attention to detail results in a sandwich that is on every meat-lover's "must eat" list. Zane Caplansky taught himself how to brine and smoke meat after bothering all of his friend's to bring him home a sandwich on their travels to Montreal. He opened his own tribute to the layers of meat in 2010, but the restaurant already looks as seasoned as the meat itself. Two pieces of bread struggle to contain the super tender brisket. It can be hard to fit all of the carnivorous glory in one mouth. Kids can get grilled cheese, mac and cheese, french toast or an egg, beef, bacon and latke with applesauce and toast. Adults will love the price tag: $5.
- Family Friendly: "The kids menu does the grilled cheese thing, but the egg, bacon, latke, apple sauce and toast (for $5!) is really where its at."
- Take Out, Best Value: "Their maple bacon donuts are so popular that they sell out almost immediately. Chase down the "Thunderin' Thelma" food truck and gain some amazing food glory if you can conquer one of these donuts yourself."
- Best for Family Friendly Because: All day-breakfast, lunch and dinner made with heart. Kind of like you would do if you didn't need an night off.
- Best for Take Out Because: Smoked meat is almost as Canadian as poutine, so when you are visiting Toronto, it is a must for every meat-eater.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Smoked meat is almost as Canadian as poutine. These are the best smoked meat sandwiches in the city (and for $10 or less!).