Also Featured In
Not all of Toronto's best restaurants are downtown, and Auberge Du Pommier proves that. Ontario chef Malcolm Campbell brings New French flair through his cuisine at this North York neighbourhood... Read More
Not all of Toronto's best restaurants are downtown, and Auberge Du Pommier proves that. Ontario chef Malcolm Campbell brings New French flair through his cuisine at this North York neighbourhood restaurant. Auberge has been constructed around two 1860's woodcutters cottages and exudes rustic charm. Enjoy the roaring fireplaces in the winter and the quaint terrace in the summer. The a la carte dinner menu includes exceptional choices like foie gras and risotto with a poached hen's egg. If you and your date decide to indulge in the tasting menu, Chef Campbell's selections will not disappoint. Camembert custard and cinnamon chantilly with brown butter crumble provide a nice balance between the savoury and the sweet. The considerable wine list provides a nice selection of cocktails, wines by the glass or half and full bottles. More than 500 choices means that you might want to bring your reading glasses.
- Romantic Dining: "Brush up on your adjectives. The food is remarkable, so when your server comes to ask you how your dinner was, you can respond with more than "good.""
- French: "Auberge du Pommier often offers a lower priced menu during Toronto's Summerlicious and Winterlicious food festivals. Get in on it."
- Group Friendly: "For the most affordable parking in the area, park at the York Mills subway station. If you are carpooling, this can save a few bucks to splurge on the things that matter (the food, in case you were wondering)."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Stone walls, elegant decor and phenomenal French food add up to a night to remember.
- Best for French Because: This is one of Toronto's longest-lasting and most popular fine dining restaurants. Several of the city's better chefs have done stints here.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Auberge du Pommier has the room for a large group and the class to make you feel that you are the only ones there.