Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of The Toronto Zoo Facebook page
There are a lot of things that your kids may find overrated, but zoos are not one of them. Running from one group of animals to the next may just be their perfect day. Toronto Zoo impresses as one of... Read More
There are a lot of things that your kids may find overrated, but zoos are not one of them. Running from one group of animals to the next may just be their perfect day. Toronto Zoo impresses as one of the largest zoos in the world, with a sprawling 710 acres to house animals from every continent. Animals are divided into "zoogeographic" regions: Indo-Malaya, Africa, the Americas, Australasia, Eurasia, Canadian Domain and the Tundra Trek. Tropical animals are given the appropriate climates indoors (because Toronto doesn't have too many tropical days) while the outdoor creatures are given naturalistic environments. The zoo is easily accessible by car or TTC, with $10 parking payable at admission.
- Mar 13 - May 21: Daily 9am-6pm
- May 22 - Sep 6: Daily 9am-7:30pm
- Sep 7 - Oct 11: Daily 9am-6pm
- Oct 12 - Dec 31: Daily 9:30am-4:30pm
- Adult CAD21; Senior (65+) CAD15; Child (4-12) CAD13; Child (3 and under) Free
- Things to Do with Kids: "If you are in Toronto to sightsee, invest in the CityPass, which will get you admission to the CN Tower, the ROM, Casa Loma, the Science Centre and the Zoo for less than the cost of 2 admissions. This pass will help you to skip the ticket line and head straight for the animals."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: From a polar bear habitat to a gorilla rainforest, you can show your children thousands of animals in just a day.