Beautiful dishes can be found at Dine Out — Photo courtesy of Dine Out Vancouver Festival
Dine Out Vancouver Festival is Canada's largest food and drink festival that attracts 100,000 hungry bellies from all over to take advantage of multi-course meals at varying price points. Scattered throughout the Vancouver area, Dine Out (as locals call it) is the perfect way to get over the post-holiday winter blues and get friends together to break bread.
The festival takes place from January 15 to 31, 2016 and ticket sales for events begin on December 1, 2015. To plan your Dine Out extravaganza, go to their website to look at menus when they're revealed on December 6 and make your reservations.
You'll want to act fast as some can sell out quickly. You can search menus by price point, cuisine and a few other options, so you can easily find a menu that'll satisfy your taste buds. There are a number of vegetarian-friendly options, too!
Going into its 14th year, things are going to be a little different this time around. While they typically have a huge number of restaurants that take part, this year they'll have a massive 240 participating restaurants. Menus are a three-course prix fixe at varying price points of $20, $30 and $40. There are also BC VQA wine pairings to go with your meal at an additional cost.
Dine Out Vancouver Festival brings the flavor — Photo courtesy of Dine Out Vancouver Festival
This event is an excellent opportunity to try restaurants you haven't been to before, as well as familiar favorites since the dishes they make for the festival may not be a part of their regular menu. Either way, you'll probably get to try something new.
On top of that, there are some special events happening this year that you'll want to make note of.
- World Chef Exchange brings chefs from around the world to Vancouver restaurants to prepare dishes inspired by their cuisines.
- The Secret Supper Soiree is a progressive dinner party with a "Roaring '20's" theme.
- Baked and Buzzed invites you to join Off the Eaten Track's tasting tour of bakeries and cafes around the city.
- The Winter Beer Hall will be hosted at Big Rock Urban Brewery & Eatery where you can be sure that there'll be plenty of craft beer to go around.
- Street Food City is a local favorite event that brings together food trucks for an epic lunchtime.
- The Cocktail Masterclass series will leave you in the hands of Vancouver's cocktail queen, Lauren Mote.
After all of that eating and drinking, you may just want to roll into the closest bed possible. Luckily for you, local hotels also partake in Dine Out by offering featured rooms priced at $80, $110 and $140 per night.