Snowshoes are on and ready to go — Photo courtesy of Sylvain Bourdos
Make your way to North Vancouver, step aboard the gondola and ascend all the way to the top of Grouse Mountain where you will be greeted by fresh powder, snow-topped trees and plenty of fun activities. In the winter months, Grouse transforms into a winter wonderland where you can go skiing, skating, tubing and snowshoeing.
However, there is one activity that even locals need a little reminding of from time to time, and that's their snowshoe and fondue package. This is a great date night option and will likely score you major points in the creative date department.
Cheese fondue — Photo courtesy of hirotomo
You can go snowshoeing throughout the day, but there's something so magical about traipsing through the quiet and snowy trails as dusk turns into night. Strap on a headlamp, put on your snowshoes and enjoy the one hour guided tour through the trails of Grouse Mountain. After you've got in some exercise and have enjoyed the blissful tour, dinner awaits you in Altitudes Bistro.
They don't stop at just one kind of fondue; instead they go all out with cheese, broth and chocolate fondues that will warm your belly. The gondola ride back down is the perfect way to end the night as you gaze into the evening skyline of downtown Vancouver.
- Tours start at 7pm and run throughout the winter months into March
- Tours are not available during the Christmas holiday period of Dec 22 - Jan 7, 2012
- Available six days a week (Thurs - Tues)
- Three business days advance reservations are required
- Not available Wednesday evenings from January - March (except for private function bookings)
- Cost for non-passholders is $95 ($85 for passholders) and includes Grouse Mountain admission, rentals, guide and fondue