Also Featured In
People go to Phnom Penh because the food is good, the fact that it's reasonably priced and the portions are generous are an added bonus. If the line outside of Phnom Penh during peak hours is any... Read More
People go to Phnom Penh because the food is good, the fact that it's reasonably priced and the portions are generous are an added bonus. If the line outside of Phnom Penh during peak hours is any indication, locals (and visitors) love this Cambodian-Vietnamese restaurant. Head to Chinatown, grab a seat, and order the deep fried chicken wings. Don't think. Just do it. The light and crispy batter keeps the wings juicy and the sauteed garlic and green onions add extra flavor. Dip them in the lemon and pepper sauce and we dare you to stop at just one. After a few bites, you'll understand the long lines. Other very popular dishes are the luc lac beef and butter beef. The menu is large so it's really hard to choose what to order, but those three are a great place to start.
244 E Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 2V7
- Mon-Thu: 10am-9pm
- Fri-Sun: 10am-10pm
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Phnom Penh's portion sizes are very generous and priced fairly. It's good to order a few dishes and share with a group.
- Best for Asian Because: Phnom Penh's menu is packed with delicious eats, but you've got to order the butter chicken and deep fried chicken wings.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Phnom Penh is nothing fancy, but it's incredibly tasty. Make sure to order the salt and pepper chicken wings. They're the best!
- Recommended as Best of Vancouver's Chinatown Because: The butter beef and chicken wings at Phnom Penh have a cult following. You should probably consider yourself their newest member.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: For the adventurous little eaters in your life, Phnom Penh offers a very casual environment and a delicious menu to introduce them to new dishes.
- Best for Casual Dining Because: Phnom Penh's marinated butter beef is made of thinly sliced, medium rare beef that's topped with cilantro, brown garlic and special sauce.
- Best for Homestyle Because: The lemon grass chicken on rice and pho at Phnom Penh will make you feel right at home.