Also Featured In
Nestled in the heart of Main Street, The Acorn caters to vegetarians, vegans, raw and gluten free appetites. That being said, this local favorite is a hit amongst carnivorous appetites too. The... Read More
Nestled in the heart of Main Street, The Acorn caters to vegetarians, vegans, raw and gluten free appetites. That being said, this local favorite is a hit amongst carnivorous appetites too. The space itself is dimly lit in the evening, making for a cozy atmosphere that's worthy of your next date night. While you eye the menu, order one of their craft cocktails to start your meal. If you're off the booze, they also have a handful of tasty non-alcoholic options that are fun to sip. Most of the menu changes seasonally, but the creativity from the kitchen and beautiful plating are a year-round mainstay. One of the dishes that you'll always find is their beer battered halloumi cheese with smashed peas, lemon balm, mint yogurt, and a potato and zucchini pancake. It's a delicious vegetarian alternative to fish and chips. Be sure to save room for dessert, they shine here.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The Acorn serves gorgeous vegetarian food. If you love cheese, you've got to order the beer battered halloumi with smashed peas.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: The menu at The Acorn changes with the season, but they always have a huge selection of gluten-free options.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: The Acorn's beer battered halloumi is one for the books and should find a place at your table.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: When you're at The Acorn you have to try the beer battered halloumi on a zucchini pancake and smashed peas with yogurt and lemon balm.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: The Acorn's menu changes with each season so you're getting the most fresh produce that's in season. The vegetarian dishes are healthful and flavorful.