Also Featured In
Once Vancouver's industrial manufacturing area, Granville Island is now home to many local artists, restaurants, theatres, a hotel and the Emily Carr University of Art and Design. There's... Read More
Once Vancouver's industrial manufacturing area, Granville Island is now home to many local artists, restaurants, theatres, a hotel and the Emily Carr University of Art and Design. There's something for everyone here, but if you're dreaming up a romantic meal at home, there are a few key places you'll want to visit. First, head to the Public Market for all the fruits, vegetables, baked goods, meat, and cheeses. There are also a handful of seafood vendors inside the Public Market, but if it's oysters, lobster, crab, or mussels you're after, you'll want to visit the Lobster Man. You'll find them in a separate building from the Public Market. If you're after incredible charcuterie and cheese, head to Oyama and Benton Brothers inside the Public Market. If you'd like to grab a bottle of wine, Liberty Wine Merchants is just outside of the market.
- Romantic Things to Do, Best Attractions & Activities, Things to Do with Kids: "Go during off peak hours during the weekday to avoid weekend and holiday crowds."
- Free Things to Do: "Go during off peak hours during the weekday to avoid weekend and holiday crowds. The Kids Market is a wonderful building that will keep the little ones entertained."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: If your idea of romance is dreaming up menu ideas for dinner, Granville Island is the best place to get inspired.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Granville Island has plenty of shops and galleries for both kids and adults. The water park is a great way for kids to cool off.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Granville Island is your one-stop-shop for toys, groceries, gourmet goods, wine, beer, sake, art supplies, jewelry and just about everything in between!
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The largest free outdoor water park calls Granville Island home.