Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/focusedcapture/3721390498/
About 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver is the area's most famous attraction, the Capilano Suspension Bridge. This local favorite sees some 800,000 visitors each year. The original bridge was built... Read More
About 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver is the area's most famous attraction, the Capilano Suspension Bridge. This local favorite sees some 800,000 visitors each year. The original bridge was built in 1889, and although it has since been replaced, there's been a bridge here ever since. Swaying 230 feet above the Capilano River, the plank and cable bridge stretches 450 feet from one side to the other. Other attractions at the park include the world's largest privately owned collection of totem poles, hiking trails, two cafes and a gift shop. Starting on November 23, 2017 to January 8, 2018, join Capilano Suspension Bridge for their Canyon Lights celebration. The park is adorned with hundreds of thousands of festive lights, a living Christmas tree, and live music. You can also decorate gingerbread cookies and make Christmas cards (by donation). This year, check out the eight tallest Christmas trees in the world!
- Jan-Feb, Oct-Nov: Daily 9am-5pm
- Mar-Apr, Sep: Daily 9am-6pm
- May: Daily 9am-7pm
- Jun - Aug: Daily 8:30am-8pm
- Dec: Daily 10am-9pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult CAD29.95; Senior (65+) CAD27.95; Student (17+) CAD23.75; Child (13-16) CAD18.75; Child (6-12) CAD10
- Holiday Attractions: "Bundle up as it gets pretty chilly on the North Shore."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you plan on going more than once, it's a good idea to purchase an annual pass."
- Tours and Excursions, Things to Do with Kids, Outdoor Activities: "Edgemont Village is just a short drive a way and a lovely spot to grab lunch after a trip to the bridge."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Between the lights, the world's tallest living Christmas (153 feet tall!), and the live band, it doesn't get much more festive than this!
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Capilano Suspension Bridge is a refreshing escape from the city that offers a fascinating mix of history, nature and fun.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Capilano Suspension Bridge and Regional Park is an outdoor wonderland that feels miles from the city, but isn't.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Kids will have a blast at Capilano Suspension Bridge! The bridge, Tree Top Adventure and Cliffwalk will get their adrenaline pumping.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Capilano Suspension Bridge and Regional Park is a well-groomed outdoor playground with plenty of great photo opportunities.