Also Featured In
City Park's Feral Lake is a sweet spot for a couple to rent a pedal boat or kayak and spend an afternoon or summer evening out on the water. Created in 1882, City Park was once 320 acres of windswept... Read More
City Park's Feral Lake is a sweet spot for a couple to rent a pedal boat or kayak and spend an afternoon or summer evening out on the water. Created in 1882, City Park was once 320 acres of windswept prairie. Today, it's acres of green and gardens, lakes, the 18-hole City Park Golf Course and home to the Denver Zoo and Denver Museum of Nature & Science, including the IMAX Theater and planetarium. The park lies within five miles of 85 percent of all Denver residents, and is both a local destination and prime destination for visitors to the Mile High City. In addition to kayaking and pedal boating, couples can also play golf and tennis, take in the planetarium or museums, or simply stroll along the park's bucolic pathways and through its gardens.
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205
- Romantic Things to Do: "City Park houses an 18-hole golf course, the Denver Zoo and the Denver Museum of Nature & Science."
- Parks: "For panoramic views of the Denver skyline rising over City Park's lawns and trees, head to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science and find several photo-op locations."
- Sightseeing: "Pack a picnic and enjoy the park's picnic areas. If you're on a B-Cycle, turn your bike in first or you'll be charged a fee for going over the 30-minute point-to-point limit. After relaxing, you can get a new bike for the return trip."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: City Park is one of the fine spots in the city for a couple to rent a pedal boat and have some fun.
- Best for Parks Because: City Park's acres of parkland are complemented by two of the city's prime attractions: The Denver Zoo and Museum of Nature & Science.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: City Park is a place to cycle, sightsee, relax and play, and it's home to the Denver Zoo and Denver Museum of Nature & Science.