Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of http://www.denverartmuseum.org/utility/press/images
Denver Art Museum is highly regarded for its collection of Native American art, which includes over 16,000 pieces from more than 100 tribes across the US. The seven-story North building also houses... Read More
Denver Art Museum is highly regarded for its collection of Native American art, which includes over 16,000 pieces from more than 100 tribes across the US. The seven-story North building also houses impressive displays of Pre-Columbian and Spanish Colonial art and textiles, a fascinating Asian collection, and a fine assortment of modern American and European paintings. The Architecture, Design and Graphics galleries are notable as well. In 2006, the Frederic C. Hamilton Building, a soaring structure of steel and glass designed by renowned architect Daniel Libeskind, opened its doors across 13th Street from the original building. Libeskind's masterpiece, a work of art in itself, dramatically increased the museum's gallery and education space and redefined the Denver skyline.
- Tue-Thu,: Sat-Sun; 10am-5pm
- Fri: 10am-8pm
- Adult $10 - $13; Senior $8 - $10; Student $8 - $10; Child (0-18) Free
- Museums: "Ask about Create-N-Takes, facilitated drop-in activities offered weekdays during school breaks and weekends during the school year. Kids create a variety of themed projects and take them home."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "As you meander through the Frederic C. Hamilton Building, consider how the angled walls force curators to get creative when hanging and displaying artwork. If you visit with children on a weekend, ask for a family backpack; they're filled with interactive games and guides that ramp up the fun factor as you explore."
- Free Things to Do: "Come on the First Saturday of the month for free admission for adults. Also new this year, general admission is free to children under 18 year-round!"
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It's Denver's premier art museum, but if you visit on the First Saturday of the month, admission is free.