Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Avenida 1 & Calles 21/23
- Restaurant/Bar: Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, 6pm-2am; Sat-Sun 6pm-2am
- Event Dates and Times Vary
- Cover Charge: CRC4000; Cover Charge Depends on Gender
- San José's Best Nightlife: "An enforced dress code prohibits flips flops, shorts, and jeans."
- Brew Pubs, Night Clubs, Bars, Dance Clubs: "Don't forget the dress code, El Cuartel de la Boca del Monte is a hip place to see and be seen, and jeans and flip flops will not be tolerated. Get there early to nab a seat at the little bar, La Esquina."
- Best for San José's Best Nightlife Because: La Esquina, the charming little bar for drinks and dinner.
- Best for Brew Pubs Because: La Esquina, the little Bar of El Cuartel, stocks ice cold Imperials and Pilsens.
- Best for Night Clubs Because: Excellent cuisine and an upscale dance club are highlights of this historical establishment.
- Best for Bars Because: The classic little La Esquina has evolved into a trendy bar with strong drinks and tasty tapas.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: Dance with a well-heeled crowd at this chic San Jose club.