Also Featured In
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Hwy
Mount Vernon, VA 22121
- Apr-Aug: Daily; 8am-5pm
- Sep-Oct: Daily; 9am-5pm
- Nov-Feb: Daily; 9am-4pm
- Mar: Daily; 9am-5pm
- Adult $15 - $28; Senior (62+) $14; Child (6-11) $7 - $16; Child (5 and under) Free
- Holiday Attractions: "The show runs only during daytime hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Nov. 25 to Jan. 6."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "It is said that George Washington was a dog lover and so is his estate. Dogs may also come along on your visit. Just make sure to clean up after them."
- Historic Sites: "Spring is the busiest season so if you don't like crowds avoid the landmark during March, April and May."
- Museums: "A majority of your visit will be spent outdoors so dress accordingly."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: In an area that cherishes history, Christmas at Mount Vernon is a fun event to see how the holiday was celebrated more than 200 years ago.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: When not leading armies and helping to birth the nation, George Washington spent five decades expanding the mansion his father built in 1735.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: A great place to learn more about the man who helped form and lead the nation during its infancy.
- Best for Museums Because: Mount Vernon is the most popular historic estate in the country and offers a great glimpse at George Washington's life after the presidency.