Explore Fort Myers
Also Featured In
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates are some of Fort Myers' most popular attractions. Covering more than 20 acres, this historic complex on the Caloosahatchee River offers an intriguing glimpse into... Read More
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates are some of Fort Myers' most popular attractions. Covering more than 20 acres, this historic complex on the Caloosahatchee River offers an intriguing glimpse into the lives of two of America's greatest inventors, Thomas A. Edison and Henry Ford. Tour the impressive botanical gardens and nine historic buildings, including Edison's Botanic Research Laboratory and the Estates Museum, which is filled with inventions, artifacts and special exhibit galleries. Catch a fascinating glimpse of the Edison and Ford motoring through the Everglades or learn about some of the lesser-known of Edison's more than 1,000 patents. Some of his first light bulbs still burn in the lab.
2350 McGregor Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Daily 9am-5:30pm
- Adult $20; Child (6-12) $11; Child (5 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities, Museums, Tours and Excursions: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the estates at your own pace."
- Holiday Attractions: "Some night's feature horse and carriage rides"
- Outdoor Activities: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the grounds at your own pace."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The lush estates house the actual lab of America's greatest inventor, Thomas Edison as well as original Model T's from his friend Henry Ford.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: The grounds come alive at night with thousands of lights and unique decorations in the buildings and gardens of the landmark estates.
- Best for Museums Because: A fascinating look at the life of and the most important inventions of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Step back in time at the sprawling winter homes and gardens of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, situated on the banks of the Caloosahatchee River.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: The winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford are among the most famous attractions in the area. The guided tours offer fascinating information.