Also Featured In
La Mar by Gaston Acurio made the Mandarin Oriental its home in 2014, dazzling patrons with passionately prepared Peruvian food by their namesake global icon. A table on La Mar's deck frames Brickell's... Read More
La Mar by Gaston Acurio made the Mandarin Oriental its home in 2014, dazzling patrons with passionately prepared Peruvian food by their namesake global icon. A table on La Mar's deck frames Brickell's concrete landscape, its soothing bay waters reflecting the city's rising towers. The al fresco decor is minimal, with only a handful of over-sized umbrellas acting as sun shields. La Mar's serenity seeps inside as well; an open ceviche bar and vertical garden line the far walls, while teal chairs carry the eye to the bayside windows. Enjoy Peruvian-style sushi, lomo saltado, chaufa, tiraditos, and other Latin American favorites with a view that can't be beat.
- Best for Seafood Because: As the name suggests, La Mar is all about dining from and by the sea. Unbeatable ceviche and other Peruvian seafood are La Mar's signatures.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: La Mar's refined Peruvian-fusion cuisine, plus the enchanting views of the bay make this an excellent date locale for any couple.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Who could deny La Mar after seeing their unforgettable views of Brickell Bay: gorgeous in the daytime, beautifully lit by stars and skyscrapers at night.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: As far as fine dining with a view, few places can compete with La Mar.
- Best for Brunch Because: Bottomless champagne with ceviche and chaufa (Peruvian-style fried rice) makes for a pleasant change from the usual brunch. Try it and see for yourself.