Also Featured In
Just north of the artsy Wynwood neighborhood is the Design District, an area where new trends are being set every day. The neighborhood is a conglomeration of design outlets, art galleries, home decor... Read More
Just north of the artsy Wynwood neighborhood is the Design District, an area where new trends are being set every day. The neighborhood is a conglomeration of design outlets, art galleries, home decor stores, antique shops, restaurants, bars, and clubs. In recent years, the city's creative contingent has migrated here, causing some noticeable gentrification, and through the years it's become a popular tourist destination. Stores devoted to design and architecture occupy warehouse-like fronts in an area between North Miami Avenue and North Second Avenue. Although the district covers just a few blocks, it offers a wealth of shopping and design opportunities.
- Shopping Malls and Centers: "Get here early as shops rarely stay open in the later afternoon or evenings."
- Best Shopping: "Bring your plastic. Shops in the Design District are high-quality with even higher price tags."
- Christmas Shopping: "Looking to impress your folks? Get them a piece of designer furniture or an off-the-runway outfit from one of these luxury shops."
- Best for Shopping Malls and Centers Because: The Design District caters to its namesake: designers and design lovers. You won't find better, classier, more unique design shops anywhere else.
- Recommended as Best Shopping Because: Although a bit steep in price, the items you'll purchase in the design district are sure to be worthwhile, not to mention great conversation pieces.
- Best for Christmas Shopping Because: With high-end, specialty, and one-of-a-kind shops, it's the place to go to shop for that person on your list who already has everything.