Also Featured In
As the only US zoo set in a subtropical climate, Zoo Miami mesmerizes visitors with remarkable exhibits and creatures from around the world. Favorite animals include clouded leopards, Komodo dragons,... Read More
As the only US zoo set in a subtropical climate, Zoo Miami mesmerizes visitors with remarkable exhibits and creatures from around the world. Favorite animals include clouded leopards, Komodo dragons, and tree kangaroos. They get ample competition from exotic standards like giraffes, lions, meerkats, koalas, gorillas and colorful birds. When the heat starts to take its toll, Dr. Wilde's World provides a rainforest-themed, air-conditioned refuge for hands-on fun. A petting zoo and wildlife shows also keep kids engaged. Zoo Miami is also home to various conservation and outreach endeavors, hosting hands-on and volunteer initiatives for Everglades preservation and The Florida Panther Recovery Program.
- Daily 9:30am-5:30pm
- Adult $15.95; Child (3-12) $11.95; Child (2 and under) Free
- Holiday Attractions: "Check out the packages they have for sale that include things like hot cocoa and cookies, a photo with Santa, and more."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Things to Do with Kids: "Check schedules prior to arrival for animal shows and feeding times. Some of the coolest experiences you'll have at the zoo revolve around these two things."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Visit the zoo on or after December 16 to see large-scale sculptures of animals all lit up in the holiday spirit.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Considered one of the best zoos in the country, with an plethora of wildlife and even a monorail, ZooMiami is our local pride and joy.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: What kid doesn't love the zoo? Animals, splash pads, interactive exhibits and live shows make the Zoo a childhood favorite.