Also Featured In
Going to Churchills is an experience unlike anything else in all of Miami. Often called the CBGB's of South Florida, it's the type of place where you'll listen to dance to local punk bands one minute,... Read More
Going to Churchills is an experience unlike anything else in all of Miami. Often called the CBGB's of South Florida, it's the type of place where you'll listen to dance to local punk bands one minute, drink while watching the World Cup during another, and then smoke what you got in the back patio during a folk performance for another. Offering an extensive variety of "rock and other live bands" (and by this we mean anything and everything from metalcore, ska, reggae, thrash, indie rock, shoegaze, hardcore, etc.), this British-run pub is a long-term favorite of the local Indie crowd. It's a popular spot for local and national and even international acts--literally the first stage for the majority of Miami's music scene. Jazz and acoustic shows are also held weekly during the Miami Jazz Jam and Theatre de Underground open mic night.
- Daily 11am-3am
- Cover Charged with Entertainment: Free - $12
- Best Nightlife, Live Music: "Come on Mondays for jazz or folk and acoustic. Come on basically any other night and get a mish mash of music that errs on the side of rock."
- Comedy Clubs: "Monday nights are both open mic and jazz jam, so feel free to check out both while you're there."
- Bars: "Football (that's soccer to us Americans) fans will find a second home here among the gutter punks and metal heads that frequent the place."
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: You won't find a grittier party in Miami than the one found inside (and outside) of this Little Haiti-based Brit Pub.
- Best for Comedy Clubs Because: Churchill's Theatre de Underground frequently features green stand-up comedians gracing the stage for the first time, making it an excellent place to find new talent.
- Best for Bars Because: Always open late, with cheap (and strong) drinks and a come-as-you-are vibe, plus great shows all year round make Churchill's one of the very best.
- Best for Live Music Because: A truly good show at Churchills can oftentimes be a life altering experience. Keep an open mind and see for yourself why it is list-worthy.