Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Chelle Koster Walton
The Conservancy's Nature Center, which underwent a major up-design in recent years, comprises an indoor and outdoor complex with many facets. The Dalton Discovery Center is an interactive museum where... Read More
The Conservancy's Nature Center, which underwent a major up-design in recent years, comprises an indoor and outdoor complex with many facets. The Dalton Discovery Center is an interactive museum where visitors can explore the eco system of Southwest Florida. It houses more than 100 live animals and hands on exhibits for all ages. Situated on the Gordon River, the Nature Center offers interpretive boat cruises and kayak rentals. Nature trails also explore local ecology and there are plans to develop a greenway project with nearby Naples Zoo and other parks. Birds and other local fauna come here to recover from injuries. A theater and seasonal programs complete the Conservancy's education mission.
1495 Smith Preserve Way
Naples, FL 34102
- Peak Season (Nov - Apr): Daily 9:30am-4:30pm
- Off-Peak Season (May - Oct): Mon-Sat 9:30am-4:30pm
- Adult $12.95; Child (3-12) $8.95; Child (0-2) Free
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: It lies at the heart of Naples' environmental consciousness and activities.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Kids love the Little Explorer Play Zone and animal rehab center.
- Best for Museums Because: The discovery center is the shining star in Naples' natural history education skies.