Also Featured In
It's eclectic, it's romantic, it's musical, it's fun, it's "neighborhood-y." Maxine's is lots of things, not the lease of which is a good restaurant that kinda feels like it's in the middle of a good... Read More
It's eclectic, it's romantic, it's musical, it's fun, it's "neighborhood-y." Maxine's is lots of things, not the lease of which is a good restaurant that kinda feels like it's in the middle of a good friend's house. Just a couple of blocks outside Thornton Park proper, Maxine's on Shine actually does sit in the middle of a largely residential area, which adds to its appeal. Twinkly lights, outdoor tables, nights filled with live music are the side dishes to entrees such as fish tacos, skillet lasagna and a hearty brisket burger. Check them out for Sunday brunch, too. Festive and delish!
- Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants: "Maxine's patio is pooch-friendly. Bring Rover if you're so inclined!"
- Brunch: "Lovers of the brunch-time Bloody will want to sample their spicy take, which comes not merely with a beer floater and bacon, but a smoked shrimp-and-olive skewer. Viva la decadence!"
- Romantic Dining: "Are you a couple whose preferred romantic outings include a pooch? Maxine's patio is dog-friendly."
- Best for Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants Because: Quirky and quaint with good food and and a festive vibe, Maxine's is an easy, worth it walk-to from Thornton Park.
- Best for Brunch Because: Vibe, location, food: Maxine's has it all and gives considerable due to brunch's wonderful tradition of day drinking. Belly up!
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Fancy-schmancy isn't the only game in town for romance. Maxine's offers up a friendly, quirky, local version you might want to try out.