Explore Space Coast
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of U.S. Geological Survey
The Manatee Sanctuary Park in Cape Canaveral is one of the best, most peaceful places near the port to enjoy the outdoors. This park spans more than 10 acres of nature on the Banana River. Plan a... Read More
The Manatee Sanctuary Park in Cape Canaveral is one of the best, most peaceful places near the port to enjoy the outdoors. This park spans more than 10 acres of nature on the Banana River. Plan a day excursion here. Talk the half-mile trail (and even try out the exercise stations, if you want to get in an outdoor workout); walk the riverside boardwalk; pack lunch and eat it under the covered pavilion; challenge your friends to a game of horseshoes; and best of all, watch for manatees, dolphins, osprey, waterfowl, fish and more. This park is not flashy, and despite the name, it doesn't necessarily mean you will see manatees. But it's a calm place to enjoy Florida's great weather and natural habitat.
701 Thurm Blvd.
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: This quiet, relaxing park spans 10 acres of nature. If you're lucky, you might see wildlife.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: See dolphins, manatees and other critters at this park for free.
- Best for Cape Canaveral's Best Attractions Because: Watch for manatees, dolphins, osprey, waterfowl and more at this peaceful park.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This peaceful park on the river spans more than 10 acres.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This park is a calm place to spend the day with the kids outside.