Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Paige Donner
Boasting an impressive resumé that includes being one of the tallest buildings in the world and a design that was lauded when it was built for the 1889 Exposition Universelle - a festival to... Read More
Boasting an impressive resumé that includes being one of the tallest buildings in the world and a design that was lauded when it was built for the 1889 Exposition Universelle - a festival to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the French Revolution - La Tour Eiffel, originally served as a radio transmitter. The Eiffel Tower also serves as a symbol of the innovations achieved during the industrial era. Today, the Eiffel Tower stands proudly amidst Paris and glimpses of it can be seen from all over the city. In reverse, the Eiffel Tower provides a view to the whole city; A ride to the top of the tower takes visitors 276 meters up for a panoramic view of the entire city, stretching out for miles in each direction. At night, the Eiffel Tower comes alive with a twinkling light show that increases its role as the city's most recognized landmark.
- Sep - Mid Jun: Daily 9:30am-11pm
- Mid Jun - Aug: Daily 9am-Midnight
- Elevator to 2nd floor Adult 8; Child (4-11) 4; Child (12-24) 6.40
Elevator to Top Adult 13; Child (4-11) 7.50; Child (12-24) 9.90
Stairway Adult 4.50; Child (4-11) 3; Child (12-24) 3.50
- Romantic Things to Do: "There are two restaurants located in the Eiffel Tower. One is more casual and one is expensive haute cuisine. Both are sure to offer a memorably romantic meal."
- Sightseeing: "If you want to go on the most romantic date ever, take your significant other to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night. This view includes all the glittering lights below and the bejeweled starry sky above. Dress warmly as even in summertime those lofty heights get chilly."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Eiffel Tower, fondly known as the "Iron Lady," is emblematic of Paris. It is an icon to love and romance.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: With its first floor just newly re-done and now offering a panoramic viewing lounge, there is lots more to see from the Eiffel Tower.