Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of honoluluadvertiser
So ono (delicious), as the locals would say! At Irifune you'll find perhaps the best Japanese food a person can find in Honolulu, and it's decently priced, low key, a home style. The hole in the wall... Read More
So ono (delicious), as the locals would say! At Irifune you'll find perhaps the best Japanese food a person can find in Honolulu, and it's decently priced, low key, a home style. The hole in the wall restaurant hides it great food behind a very modest exterior wall with a very homey feel inside. On any given night there's the chance of a short wait in the small waiting room with a fish tank, but it's very worth it and you can pass the time by enjoying a drink you brought or checking out all of the celebrity photos taken in the eatery. If anyone in your party is celebrating a birthday, you can give the management a heads up (without the birthday person knowing) and they'll surprise everyone with a lights-out birthday song and their signature ice cream crepe. The food is simply great. It's Japanese but not sushi.
563 Kapahulu Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96815
- Mon-Sat: 11:30am-1:30pm,; 5:30am-9:30pm
- Sun: Close,; Close
- Asian: "Irifune is a great place to celebrate birthday, they'll turn off the lights and get the whole place singing."
- Restaurants near Cruise Port, Family Friendly, Homestyle, Group Friendly, Lunch, Waikiki's Best Restaurants, Best Restaurants, Japanese, Vegetarian: "Try the ahi/avocado tartar and/or the breaded tofu, and BYOB."
- Best for Asian Because: Irifune is a local favorite serving traditional Japanese food in a friendly and lively atmosphere.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Irifune is a wonderful laid back restaurant just a few minutes from the port.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Family friendly and fun, Irifune will turn off the lights and get everyone singing happy birthday to the birthday girl or boy.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Irifune's home style Japanese menu offers delicious comfort food from around the globe in a homey setting.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: This fun and festive restaurants provides an ideal environment for group dinners.
- Best for Lunch, Best Restaurants, Japanese Because: Traditional Japanese food made up of locally caught seafood is prepared in the finest way possible.
- Best for Waikiki's Best Restaurants Because: Irifune offers true homes style Japanese food in a fun and casual setting.