Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Alex Schnee
Though advertised as a pizzeria, where this place really shines through is its calzones and antipasti. It's a family-owned restaurant that has been passed down, so some of the recipes are the same... Read More
Though advertised as a pizzeria, where this place really shines through is its calzones and antipasti. It's a family-owned restaurant that has been passed down, so some of the recipes are the same ones that have been used for decades. You must order any one of the calzones available. They are the largest and steamiest you will find in the city, and when you are thinking about mixing it up from the typical pizza or pasta dish, this can be the perfect way to do it. The house wine is good, and the staff is more than friendly--you'll want to get a table outside so you can enjoy the view and the people walking by.
Via di San Pier Maggiore
- Lunch: "Though the restaurant inside is quaint, see if you can get a table outside."
- Romantic Dining: "Think about splitting a calzone--they are huge and plenty of food for two people."
- Best Restaurants: "Ask about the specials--they're all passed down in the family."
- Pizza: "Don't take this pizza to go! Sit down outside and enjoy."
- Outdoor Dining: "Ask about any specials they might have--they're made in-house."
- Late Night: "The house wine is worth checking out here."
- Best for Lunch Because: This place boasts some of the best pasta and calzones in Florence.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: This haven has some fantastic pizza and wine to make for a casual date.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This restaurant is well-known for its location and great pizza.
- Best for Pizza Because: Mastroceleigia has some amazing calzones and pizzas for a great price.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: You'll find delicious pizzas here and a warm, welcoming staff.
- Best for Late Night Because: Mastrociliegia has wonderful pasta and pizza late--all made from homemade recipes.