Also Featured In
When Cardinal Scipione Borghese (1579--1633), a lucrative art collector, decided to build a palace in Rome, his plans were big. His vision for the perfect palace was an abode that exuded over-the-top... Read More
When Cardinal Scipione Borghese (1579--1633), a lucrative art collector, decided to build a palace in Rome, his plans were big. His vision for the perfect palace was an abode that exuded over-the-top luxury and a fabulous park to go along with it. The result was the Casino Borghese where the Galleria Borghese is today. The Casino was orginally built to boast his lavish pieces of art and for elite social gatherings and parties. Today, the Galleria Borghese is one of the of the most important museums in Rome thanks to its rich collection of Baroque and Renaissance art featuring works by Bernini, Raphael and Caravaggio. BUS: 116, 490, 495, 49. TRAM: 19, 3. METRO: Flamino or Spagna.
Piazzale del Museo Borghese 5
- Tue-Sun 9am-7pm
- Gallery Entrance + 2.00 booking fee Ticket Concessions Available; 8.50
Audio Guide 5
- Sightseeing, Museums, Family-Friendly Museums: "You must make a reservation prior to going to Galleria Borghese. Reservations are made according to two hour time slots. You can buy your tickets for a specific day and time slot at www.ticketeria.it. Otherwise, reservations can be made calling 06.32810."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Located in a prime position within the Borghese Gardens, the Galleria has a rich collection ranging from Baroque to Renaissance.
- Best for Museums Because: Works by Bernini, Raphael and Caravaggio housed in a palace within Villa Borghese park make it a must see.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Housing pieces by Caravaggio, Raphael and Bernini and all in an 'up close and personal' display, Villa Borghese Gallery is a must for families. Why not combine your visit with a scavenger hunt or picnic in the park?
Palazzo Barberini – Galleria Nazionale d'Arte AnticaView This Attraction
Museo d'Arte Contemporanea di Roma (MACRO)View This Attraction
Palazzo Massimo alle Terme – Museo Nazionale RomanoView This Attraction
Capitoline MuseumsView This Attraction
Keats-Shelley Memorial HouseView This Attraction