Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
A 16-acre haven of green located between the French Quarter and the Mississippi, Woldenberg Riverfront Park is a perfect place to unwind after a jaunt in the Quarter. Its arresting artworks, riverside... Read More
A 16-acre haven of green located between the French Quarter and the Mississippi, Woldenberg Riverfront Park is a perfect place to unwind after a jaunt in the Quarter. Its arresting artworks, riverside promenade and frequent strolling bands and festivals offer visitors a bucket list New Orleans experience. Park goers can stroll the Moonwalk path for stunning views of the busy port, the Crescent City Connection Bridge and the Toulouse Street Wharf. Woldenberg is ground zero for French Quarter Fest as well as other special music events throughout the year. It's also a great place to eat beignets and slurp chicory-laced coffee from Cafe du Monde.
- Mon-Thu: 6am-10pm
- Fri-Sun: 6am-11pm
- Free Things to Do: "If you're heading to a festival at Woldenberg Park, stake out a spot along the railing adjacent to the Mississippi River for great views."
- Outdoor Activities: "Get in the take away line at Cafe du Monde and eat your beignets in the park by the river."
- Things to Do with Kids: "If it's busy at Cafe Du Monde, get your beignets to takeaway and eat them on a bench facing the river."
- Attractions near Smoothie King Center: "Be sure to have a few dollar bills on you at all times. The musicians that play on the streets and along the river live off of their tips."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Woldenberg Park is the only place where you can hear free live music from name acts literally next to the Mississippi River.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: It's the only chance most visitors have to really see the Mississippi River.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Walking with the kids along the river is a great way to have them run off steam and see the mighty Mississippi.
- Best for Attractions near Smoothie King Center Because: This park gives visitors access to the Mighty Mississippi.