Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
An impressive Italian Palazzo design, complete with arched windows and entryways makes the New Orleans Children's Museum a unique learning environment with an almost warehouse-style ambiance. Exhibits... Read More
An impressive Italian Palazzo design, complete with arched windows and entryways makes the New Orleans Children's Museum a unique learning environment with an almost warehouse-style ambiance. Exhibits are interactive and hands-on, allowing both kids and adults to simultaneously learn and have a blast. Favorites include a display in which patrons surround themselves with a giant bubble and a bicycle ride that teaches participants the functions of the human skeleton. The 30,000 sq ft of space provides room for tons of exhibits. There is an indoor climbing wall to teach kids about the body and fitness, as well as a safety zone to educate the youth on how to operate in an emergency.
- Tue-Sat: 9:30am-4:30pm
- Sun: Noon-4:30pm
- $8; Child (1 and under) Free
- Family-Friendly Museums: "If the kids are having a hyper day, aim the towards the climbing wall to blow off some steam."
- Things to Do with Kids, Museums: "Bring the kids for story time weekdays and Saturdays at 11 am and 1 pm."
- Attractions near Smoothie King Center: "Head upstairs where role-playing rules, at the Little Winn-Dixie grocery store complete with dairy cases and cashiers, a Kid's Café, for budding chefs-to-be and a TV set where kids can be a news anchor, reporter, director or meteorologist."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Louisiana Children's Museum is all about engaging and teaching the youth with fun, hands-on exhibits.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This CBD museum is lots of fun for the younger set.
- Best for Museums Because: It's all kinds of fun, and geared to children from toddlers to age 12.
- Best for Attractions near Smoothie King Center Because: Hands on learning equals hands on fun at this spunky children's museum, where children are encouraged to discover a world of wonder throughout learn-by-doing exhibits.