Davis Planetarium, part of the center, has exhibits to appeal to kids of all ages. A current show... Read More
Davis Planetarium, part of the center, has exhibits to appeal to kids of all ages. A current show incorporates Big Bird. During special astronomical events, locals love The Sky Live! They get expert advice in identifying stars, constellations, planets and other wonders. Then, take home a Star Map and test your new skills as you look for familiar formations in your own backyard.
Crosby Ramsey Memorial Observatory is their rooftop urban observatory with a computer controlled telescope that lets guests view planets and stars, along with other astronomical events. The observatory is open free to the public on Friday nights.
This attraction's best and most popular exhibits include Outer Space Place where the Hubble Space Telescope National Visitor Center and Space Link are housed; DinoQuest; the IMAX theater and the Davis Planetarium.
- Jun: -; Aug Sun-Thu; 10am-6pm
- Fri-Sat: 10am-8pm Sep; -; May Tue-Thu; 10am-5pm
- Fri: 10am-8pm
- Sat: 10am-6pm
- Sun: 11am-5pm
- Exhibits Adult $14.95 - $24.95; Senior (60+) $13.95 - $23.95; Child (3-12) $11.95 - $19.95
IMAX Films $8
- Things to Do with Kids: "Children under 3 are always free."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Maryland Science Center was named one of the Top 10 science centers for kids by Parents magazine.