Also Featured In
Community Tours Sian Kaan is an eco-tourism organization that provides tours in the pristine Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve, the largest protected area in the Mexican Caribbean (1.6 million acres). What... Read More
Community Tours Sian Kaan is an eco-tourism organization that provides tours in the pristine Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve, the largest protected area in the Mexican Caribbean (1.6 million acres). What makes this enterprise so special, is that they are committed to sustainable tourism, genuine cultural exchange, and providing jobs to locals of Mayan decent. The offer various tours including bird watching, sport fishing, kayaking, hiking, snorkeling and exploring archaeological sites. One of the most popular tours is a boat ride on mangrove-surrounded rivers. You can even learn how chewing gum is made. All tours are free for children under age 6.
- Romantic Things to Do: "Do not forget a hat, sunglasses and biodegradable sunscreen. A long-sleeved lightweight white shirt is a good idea as well."
- Parks: "Spend the extra money on the roundtrip transportation. It's worth it."
- Tours and Excursions: "Pay in cash, they charge 4% extra if you pay with a credit card."
- Outdoor Activities: "Bring biodegradable sunscreen so as not to harm any of the marine life in this pristine ecosystem."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Getting back to nature is romantic, and Community Tours Sian Kaan offers small tour groups and a relaxed schedule.
- Best for Parks Because: Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve is the largest protected area in the Mexican Caribbean, and features various pristine ecosystems.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve must not be missed, and Community Tours Sian Kaan is a convenient and responsible way to see it.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve is a must see when in the Cancun area, and Community Tours Sian Kaan is the perfect way to see it.