Explore New York
Also Featured In
Sure, dark, brooding caverns and dripped wax candles have their place in the heart of romantics everywhere. But something just as sexy? Pizza. And pizza doesn't get any cooler than at Roberta's. While... Read More
Sure, dark, brooding caverns and dripped wax candles have their place in the heart of romantics everywhere. But something just as sexy? Pizza. And pizza doesn't get any cooler than at Roberta's. While this hipster haven continually makes headlines with head-turning stories like the time they unrolled a weed-tasting menu, their drug-free food more than lives up its own hype. Wood tables and outdoor seating lend an air of casualness to the atmosphere here, and their wood-burning oven is prominently displayed. As for the pies? Carlo Mirarchi's creations feature produce grown onsite, and have cemented themselves as a must-eat on any New York pizza tour.
- Romantic Dining: "For a unique Brooklyn dining experience, gather a group and try the chef's tasting. It's not the pizza, but it'll still dazzle your date."
- Best Value, Pizza: "For a unique Brooklyn dining experience, try the chef's tasting. It's not the famous pizza, but creations for only eight people at a time by chef Mirarchi. Reservations available in advance for tastings."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Sometimes there's nothing more romantic than offering someone else your cheese.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: You can get cheaper pizza elsewhere, but you'll miss out on the whole package of what makes Roberta's valuable.
- Best for Pizza Because: Even through Roberta's has made a name for itself with hipsters, the food here is still worthy of the title of 10 Best.
- Brooklyn's Best Restaurants: "Roberta's does not take reservations, so come with a patient appetite. Head through the dining rooms to where bearded bartenders pull draughts and pour excellent cocktails while you wait. And wait. And wait..."
- Best for Brooklyn's Best Restaurants Because: Nestled in Bushwick, Roberta's is a neighborhood institution, a culinary destination; in 2012, an upscale restaurant was born here too Blanca's that serves tasting menus.