Explore New York
Also Featured In
runs from Gansevoort Street in the Meatpacking District to West 34th Street, between 10th and 12th Avenues.
New York, NY 10011
- Dec 1 to Mar 31 7AM-7PM; April 1 to May 31 7AM-10PM:
- June 1 to Sept 30 7 AM-11PM; Oct 1 to Nov 30 7AM-10PM:
- Free Things to Do: "If you're able to swing it, go during the week and avoid the weekend crowds."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you're able, head here midweek to beat the crowds."
- Romantic Things to Do: "On Tuesdays, join the star-spotters to see constellations through high-powered telescopes."
- Sightseeing: "Try to plan your trip for a weekday afternoon. The weekends are jam-packed and hoards of people detract from the experience."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It's the perfect place to feel like you're still in the action but away from the madness below.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: It's part of what makes New York so great – taking something old and decrepit and turing it into a beloved hotspot.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: It's romantic, even though that defies logic. Hanging lights and wooden walkways add to the charm.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: It's a living, breathing example of how to go from ruins to riches in terms of decaying city landscapes.
- Parks: "Star-spotters arrive on Tuesdays, Amateur Astronomers Night to see constellations through high-powered telescopes. Combine with Chelsea Market lunch; the new Whitney Museum of American Art."
- Best for Parks Because: Amazing urban reuse design and landscape architecture that is inspiring; the views incomparable.