Chimney Rock Park has as its centerpiece a monolithic, jutting rock that rises 315 feet above the ground and affords astounding views of the surrounding terrain. Climb it (or take the elevator up) and... Read More
Chimney Rock Park has as its centerpiece a monolithic, jutting rock that rises 315 feet above the ground and affords astounding views of the surrounding terrain. Climb it (or take the elevator up) and then experience the rest of the beauty and breadth of the park and its waterfalls. A network of trails invites exploration, and you can look out over the landscape at sites like Inspiration Point and Peregrine's Rest. Located 35 to 40 minutes outside of Asheville, the drive winds along a two-lane road that slowly creeps upward in elevation until you arrive at the a 3,260-acre state park, which offers sweeping views of Hickory Nut Gorge and Lake Lure far below.
- Front Gate & Ticket Plaza: Daily 8:30am-5:30pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult $14; Child (6-15) $6
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Bring comfortable walking shoes if you plan on taking the 491 stairs to the top viewing deck. Or... just take the 26-story elevator to the top, which will get you there in just 30 seconds. Plan ahead: lines for the elevator can be long during the summer and fall."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Views of more than 75 miles below and beyond plus a must-have Kodak moment make this national treasure such a popular day trip from Asheville.